Kevin Harper is an experienced public speaker and would love to talk about foster care at your church, foster or adoption agency, conference, or other event. His background as a foster and adoptive parent for over 18 years in two states, along with his experience in resource family recruiting, training, mentoring, and retention give him the unique ability relate stories to his audiences that will entertain while provoking thought and inspiring action.
He will speak to any audience about foster care, including:
- Foster parents
- Social workers
- Public or private agencies and departments
- Church members interested in foster care ministry
- Guardians ad litem
Some of the topics he can speak about include:
- Tips for recruiting the best foster parents
- Tips for retaining foster parents
- Improving communication between foster parents and social workers
- Tips for fostering youth into adulthood
- Fostering teens with technology
Kevin can also speak to your group or consult privately about sensitive legislative or public relations issues, offering the perspective of a foster parent who understands the plight of kids in care as well as the challenges of social work.